We got the awesome opportunity a few months back to connect with Luke and dive into a 9 question interview. If you are not aware of who Luke Broadlick is... Well let's just say he's a dancing super star. Luke was a lead dancer for Brittney Spears...
Also Justin Biebers lead dancer...
Now he is choreographing the new big Magic Mike show in Las Vegas with Channing Tatum. Luke has also stared in countless movies and commercials and we found it valuable to see what drives him as a professional performer with health and wellness being a big part of his success. Hope you enjoy!
Here is a little taste of Luke's skills!
1) Tell us a little about yourself! How did you get started in the Entertainment industry?Well what sparked my interest into the industry was a performance I did for the Ellen show. I was 13 so it was about 2003 and I was on a performance karate team. Ever since that live showing I was hooked on doing something else.
2) How do you think your nutrition plays a role in your success as a entertainer?My nutrition it a huge factor in my life. For some it's just a way of life to eat and try and be healthy, but for me my career was/is based on me being in shape & healthy. My body has been my business.
3) Is it hard to stay on a healthy diet while traveling? Do you have any tips for others out there for people that might have a busy schedule work / travel and how to stay healthy?It's extremely hard, at least it was for me when I was touring, but nowadays it's not as much. We are an awesome generation and people are really into wanting to take care of themselves so you can find you some good spots for a health conscious meal. I mean a salad is always your best friend if there's nothing but pizza haha.
4) What is your life motto?I have a few. Luke 1:37 "for with God nothing shall be impossible", "Do Love", "it's all good" haha. Just writing these down I'm able to learn a bit more from them.
5) Do you have a favorite go-to healthy snack?I love me some fruit. There are little vendors out here in Cali and they cut up fresh mango and pineapple with lime and others and if I could I would go to that everyday.
6) What's a day in the life of Luke Broadlick look like?It's funny because if you would have asked me a couple years ago it would be a bit crazier. I'm a new dad and a husband so my days start and end with them. I pray every morning or at the least give God thanks for waking me up. Honestly each day is different. My 9-5 isn't normal because it can be a 5:30 to midnight or a 1 to 2. Lately it's been a bit more traveling back and fourth the Vegas because I'm creating a huge Vegas show at the Hard Rock Hotel. But honestly can't tell ya much about these days until they happen!
7) Are you a goal setter? If so, has it helped you in your career or in any other areas of your life and do you find it important to have goals?I've always had and still do have images and visuals of how I want to see my life or even see myself be, for instance I carry myself very different than some have seen me prior due to my views on how I saw myself. I believe you can consider them goals. I think it's important to set goals and to try and go for them, but more than a career or the term of success, we should set goals of moral success or enriching goals. Not to say that we shouldn't go for that new car or house (believe me I'm going for that too) but I'm trying to care less and love more. Learn and set a goal to speak to more people, call more people, enjoy more of nature or even a good read, study something new. Something that if I didn't have these "things" that I would still be successful.
8) Do you have a favorite exersize routine?
Push-ups and Abs. Plus a good jog/run/hike. Done. I do a lot of dancing which is a great cardio and I do "tricking" (Youtube it). So I'm athletic. But to workout and exercise those are the sweet spots.
9) If today was your last day and all of your accomplishments were forgotten and you only got to leave three truths about life written down on a piece of paper what would those three truths be?
This is deep(that's not one of them haha). 1-Love, it's sacrificing, committing, caring, enjoying. 2. Try harder than you want to. 3. Jesus Christ is God
Be Sure to Follow Luke!
On Twitter HERE
On Instagram HERE