Temperatures are dropping and stress levels are spiking. Winter always tends to put people on edge. Between the cooler weather, holiday demands and all the hustle and bustle to wrap up the year, it becomes so important that we prepare our bodies to go into battle against viruses, germs, and flu bugs.
Without further ado, here are a few key ways to boost your immunity this winter so you don't lose quality time with friends and family to colds and fevers.
1) OnSet Immune System Defense - Your body can use all the help it can get this time of year. Instead of letting germs, allergens and toxins keep you down, try this all-natural supplement chock full of powerful antioxidants, herbs, and minerals that will help you fight back!
2) Drink in moderation - Resist the temptation to overindulge in alcoholic beverages this time of year. Alcohol not only degrades your quality of sleep but can also compromise your body's natural ability to fight illnesses.
3) Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize - Don't take this tip for granted. If you're not already an incessant hand-washer, you may want to buy in this time of year. Just think about all the coughing and sniffling going on in malls, workplaces, and homes. Chances are you're coming in regular contact with dirty doorknobs, handles, desks and more. Pack a small bottle of hand sanitizer in your bag and wash your hands in soap and warm water whenever you can.
4) Go go garlic - First off there are the obvious flavor benefits. Secondly, garlic can go a long way in supporting your immune system.
5) Use your sick days responsibly - Don't be the coworker who gets the whole office sick. If you feel a cold coming on or you're still in the thick of it, use a sick day, call out entirely or see if your employer will allow you to work remotely. When it comes to preventing the spread of contagious sicknesses it's a team effort and everyone has to chip in.
6) Gut check - When was the last time you did a digestive cleanse? If you're searching for an all-natural, gentle cleanser that helps rid your digestive tract of metabolic waste, check out MagO7!A healthy gut empowers a healthy whole.
7) Trade coffee for tea - We know this may be a stretch for the diehard coffee fans, but tea is full of antioxidants that support the body. Generally speaking, tea often has lower caffeine content, too, which rids your body of the constant fight or flight jitters that does a doozy on your immune system.
8) Sweat it out - Good old-fashioned cardio and anything that gets your endocrine system flushing out sweat assist your body in the removal of waste. Better yet, if you have access to a steam room or sauna, try getting in a routine. It's good for the body and the mind.
9) Seek the sunlight - Seasonal depression and Vitamin D deficiency can both deplete a healthy immune system. Do your best to find 15 minutes of sun exposure per day. If that's not possible where you live, we have just the product for you!
10) Prioritize your sleep schedule - Do everything in your power not to burn the midnight oil day after day this time of year. It's crucial that you get 8-10 hours of quality sleep each night to empower you forward. If that means saying no to a few holiday parties or postponing a couple tasks until tomorrow, do it. If you slack on sleep you shortchange your immune system.
At the very least, it's our hope that these tips and tricks help you kick the common cold faster this winter. May this be the winter that you're happiest and healthiest!