Change is the result of exploring a different path. Progress is the art of aligning that path with your passions and purpose to better live out your best self. And what better time to start than now?
September is Self Improvement Month, which means maybe you'll feel it in the air. Maybe you'll notice others in your community who are digging a little deeper, thinking critically and intentionally about how they spend their time or where they devote their efforts. And maybe this can be the month that you commit to the same! This can be your month of self-improvement!
A few things that can set you up for success...
1) Self-improvement is not vain, it's vital Start with the truth that self-improvement requires a healthy dose of (totally-warranted) selfishness. You mustn't fall into any notion of guilt. You deserve to look, feel and perform at your best. Your dreams and relationships deserve it, too!
2) Everyone has 24 hours in the day. Those who improve the most use those hours the wisest. A milestone month is going to require some difficult decisions and honest choices about how you structure your day. It's easy to look at people at the top of their game and write it off as "their life is just different than mine or they get paid to live like that". Sure, that might be true to some degree, but the fact of the matter is that everyone has 24 hours to work with and those who delegate time to ongoing education, community impact, physical wellness and personal contemplation often grow the most.
You may have to cut out behaviors you enjoy for a life you absolutely adore.
3) Back to basics Trends come and go - miracle workouts, diets, and hacks fade over time. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables, lean protein and disciplined exercise has never gone out of style. Pair that approach with natural supplements and wellness products that support a healthy foundation and you'll be geared for success any month of the year!
4) The present is a present Self-improvement starts in the here, the now. Yes, your past is important. It propels you. Yes, the future is important. It steers you. But the present is your present. This is where action drives progress and new realities emerge. You improve moment by moment when you put your vision into action.
5) Embrace the marathon Improvement never ends. That said, embrace the truth that there will be peaks and valleys along the way, and do not be deterred. One day you'll feel on top of the world, established and strengthened, realizing your dreams. The next moment you may feel like you've lost the plot. This makes it all the more vital to keep your sights on your endgame. Keep the focus on your main goal and run steadily through the entire journey.
We hope this inspires you to rise to the occasion this month. You are full of beautiful, powerful potential. This is your chance to shine. This is your chance to design the life you've always dreamed of. It starts right here. It starts right now.